Located in the leafy south Brisbane suburb of Greenslopes, Greenslopes Private Hospital expanded with a new maternity unit in 2013.
Main Greenslopes Private Hospital website: http://www.greenslopesprivate.com.au
Greenslopes Maternity website: http://www.greenslopesmaternity.com.au
Greenslopes hospital opened as a veteran’s hospital in 1942 and served as a major hospital for treatment of war veterans and their families. However, with a decline in veteran patients, the hospital required a change and, as the state government declined to take it over, it became a private hospital in 1994. The now Greenslopes Private Hospital continues the tradition of treating veterans but also treats non-veteran private patients.
Greenslopes has long had gynaecological services with subspecialists in infertility, urogynaecology and gynaecology-oncology. It has only been since 2013 that GPH now offers private obstetric services.
The new facilities include:
- modern hotel style furnishings, including a few rooms with double beds
- Free Wi-Fi
- Single rooms with own ensuite
- 40 inch flat screen TV with Foxtel
- iPod docking station
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Lounge and self-service catering area
- Children’s playground just outside
- Well baby nursery
- Special care nursery catering for babies born after 32 weeks gestation
- 24-hour cover by a paediatrician
- 24-hour cover by an anaesthetist
As the new female obstetrician gynaecologist at Greenslopes Private Hospital, Dr Shian Miller welcomes you to experience the difference today!